We Can Help You Prepare
In the spring and summer, fire damage can often be a threat. If you’re not prepared, dry conditions and humidity can lead to an unforeseen disaster. SERVPRO of Franklin, Vance and Granville would like to remind you to please follow the proper safety precautions in order to keep your property safe from a fire-related event.
- Clear your yard, roof, deck and gutters of flammable materials that can set fire such as branches, leaves, and grass clippings.
- Trash and wood should be placed at least thirty feet away from your home.
- When cooking outdoors, maintain a ten foot distance between your grill and any trees, plants or other potentially flammable materials.
- Keep fire pits at a safe distance from your trees and home. They should not be in use during heavy winds.
- Keep an eye on the fire pit, and be sure to scoop the ashes into a metal can the next day, dousing them with water to be sure no stray ember is lurking about. During windy conditions, embers can travel to trees, plants or grass around your home, and for miles away from your home.
- When using rags with chemicals such as paint, the NFPA recommends taking the rags outside to dry or placing them in a container with water and detergent to eliminate the oils. If the oils in the rags are left to release heat indoors, the heat will then have nowhere to escape, leading to possible fire damage. They should also be kept away from heat sources such as sunlight.
SERVPRO of Franklin, Vance and Granville Counties is here to help when it comes to your residential or commercial fire restoration needs. We offer complete fire damage and reconstruction services in the event of a fire. Give us a call at 252-433-0005 or at 919-339-4848. We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Let us help you get back to your life.